Off-Highway-Vehicle (OHV)

OHV Rules to Ride By - Courtesy Tread Lightly

General OHV Information:

The Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service manage thousands of miles of Off-Highway-Vehicle (OHV) roads and trails in Mono County. OHV Riding Opportunities, including maps, visitor centers, safety and contact information may be found by visiting each land management agency's website listed below. Do your part by riding on only designated roads and trails in Mono County. 

Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest OHV Information

Inyo National Forest OHV Information

Bureau of Land Management OHV Information

* Only street-legal-vehicles may be operated on County Maintained Roads*

2021 County Maintained Mileage Map

2021 County Maintained Mileage Road List



OHVs are motor vehicles that are used only off public roads and highways, on lands that are open and accessible to the public. OHVs such as all-terrain vehicles, trail bikes, racing motorcycles, dune buggies, and snowmobiles do not require regular vehicle registration, but they must display an ID plate or placard issued by DMV.

Information: How to register your OHV

CA State Parks Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division provides resources for legal OHV Riding Opportunities in California. Information:


To report unauthorized OHV use in Mono County contact:

Mono County Sheriff's Dept.

(760) 932-7549 X7